Government Contracts Specialist
As an expert in contracting for DoD acquisitions, your first responsibility will be to help us take DoD technology projects from capture to program of record, and to maintain and manage our contractual responsibilities from pre- Request for Proposal, to contract award/execution and contract change management.
You will provide expert consulting guidance for all aspects of the federal government contracting life cycle, including pre-award acquisition planning, source selection support, and post-award contract administration for complex Air Force and DoD software and hardware intensive systems.
· You will oversee and evaluate major proposals, monitor compliance and performance on existing contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
· You will serve as a counterpart to Government Contracting Officer and other procurement professionals for all contract and related matters. High-trust professional relationships with Government contracting and procurement offices are critical to Red 6’s continued success, and you will be called upon to develop and foster these relationships throughout your tenure.
· Analyze material estimates, other direct costs, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness for inclusion into proposals.
· Analyze new contracts for consistency with proposals; determine the effects of any inconsistencies; negotiates, coordinates, and approves contract changes.
· Evaluate contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extension of contracts.
· Facilitate and support proposal preparation, RFI responses, and contract negotiations.
· Stay up to date on relevant legal frameworks, including FAR and DFARS.
· Manage relationships with procurement office representatives at government agencies.
· Maintain all contract-related documentation.
· Maintain all Federal Contract Databases such as the System for Award Management.
· Coordinate with Red 6’s Compliance and Legal Departments to ensure Government awarded contracts comply with all federal regulations.
· Schedule ad-hoc calls as needed for issue resolution.
· Monitor contract performance and subcontractor performance.
· Coordinate all required approvals and notifications pursuant to Contract Administration Procedures and Company Standard Practices.
You have 5+ years of DoD and/or defense industry contracting experience with a track record of taking technology projects from a pilot to a program of record.
You have expertise with both traditional and non-traditional acquisition methods, from OT agreements and SBIR contracts to middle tier acquisition and rapid prototyping.
Ability to resolve and complete complex contract administration assignments/problems with minimal supervision.
An active security clearance, or the ability to obtain one, at Secret level or higher.
Ability to develop detailed proposal packages and independently interact with upper management and multiple program offices regarding required approvals.
Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to operate under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Availability outside of standard working hours as needed per the needs of the team.
Working knowledge of FSS/DAPA/ECAT and Prime Vendor Contracts.
Previous contracting experience with the DoD.
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
12 years’ experience in government procurement including preparing cost proposals, negotiating terms and conditions of contracts, preparing contract modifications, administering contracts or subcontracts, and analyzing cost and prices.
Familiarity with software licensing, hardware licensing, commercial item acquisition, and/or Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition are all a plus.
Experience as a contracting officer or contract specialist for a government agency.
Nationally recognized federal contract manager certificate preferred.
Nationally recognized PMP certification.
Advanced degree in contract management, business administration, accounting, engineering, or a related field.
Experience with Non-FAR based instruments such as Other Transaction Agreements, Grants, and/or Cooperative Agreements a plus but not required.
About the department
The Red 6 Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most lethal combat pilots on the planet.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.